Fox News - Fair & Balanced

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 as of 11:14 AM ET

Search Site

FOX News Weather Blog
  • Arkansas gets hit hard

Severe weather struck the south central plains yesterday with over 100 reports of hail, damaging winds and several tornadoes. One person is dead and several are injured from an apparent tornado in north central Arkansas with many houses and buildings damaged.   The pictures coming in are just awful, and we’re just getting started with the severe weather season.  Here’s a look at yesterday’s storm reports:

Today’s threat for severe weather includes parts of the lower Mississippi Valley and much of Florida.  There’s a tornado watch right now for central Florida and several warnings as I write this…http://www.weather.gov/

Here’s a look at the probability for tornadoes for the month of March:

And it looks like a rough few days across the east coast with inches of rain in the forecast.  Ugh.  Well, at least it’s not snow…I guess…..but flooding is going to be a major concern this weekend for Florida all the up into the Northeast.  The red shaded areas are where we’re going to get hammered:

Hope you’re all doing well this morning.    I’ll respond to some of your comments after lunch!  Mmmmm….LUNCH! :)

jd

Margie Gacki

Hey AJ, TTYL stands for talk to you later. I guess I'm old fashioned; I try to spell things out instead of using abbreviations. Sometimes I do have to look at them for a while to figure out what people are talking about. It's not too bad on the blog, but other places really make me think too much--and that hurts my brain! HA! Margie

March 12, 2010 at 1:45 pm

A.J. DeYoung

Tri-Deb, I love breakfast for dinner the best...so put an extra place setting....that sounds yummmmmmmmmmy. Hope they are wrong though and you won't get blasted. I am a dummy on that BFF stuff, just asked Jan, Sammy's Mom what that meant, so what does TTYL stand for??? Duhhhhhhhhhhhh Gosh, it is Friday again....how does it get here so fast now a days, it sure had been kind of quiet on our blog site this week, guess everybody has snow blindness. Have a great day all and try and stay dry. xo AJ

March 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Tn~Deb

Good Morning, Light drizzle and dreary...heavy rain and some severe storms west of me...toward Nashville. And they are heading my way....so save me a place on the Ark...I might be needing it. And I like Milk Chocolate....hint hint. Got the kiddies off to school... and I have to say I'm glad it's Friday. Tomorrow, sleeping in is my goal. I asked them what they wanted for supper tonight...so this is our TGIF menu.. Bacon Scrambled eggs Pancakes Breakfast for Supper. :) Well, I better get to getting...before it gets gone! TTYL, Have a wonderful and safe day everybody, Deb

March 12, 2010 at 10:48 am

A.J. DeYoung

Good Morning all you guys on the right coast, I am with you Don.....make mine Dark in the Ark. Another beautifful day expected here today, but.............I think you guys are getting so much liquid sunshine it is beginning to rub off here, cause tomorrow and thereafter was suppose to San Deigo weather but now they changed it to drizzle....................thanks y'all for sharing... Hope you all have a great Friday........................God Bless all you dear bloggers who have blessed me greatly with your prayers and love and caring................I LOVE YOU GUYS... AJ

March 12, 2010 at 10:03 am

DoninRichmond

My kind a ark, Margie. Dark chocolate. We had rain all night and a light drizzle now. Never dropped below 60 last night here.

March 12, 2010 at 8:43 am

Margie Gacki

Hey Don and chas, If I ever make an ark, I'll make sure to take plenty of chocolate on board! HA! We have almost a half inch of rain already today. It's just misty now so it's not too bad. It is really dreary outside, which kind of matches my mood lately. I won't complain because it was 52 degrees when I got up this morning and that was nice. We got up to 69 yesterday, which was absolutely delightful. Hey to everyone else, I hope all those in the path of the nasty storms are safe. Be careful out there! Have a great day, everyone. Margie

March 12, 2010 at 8:16 am

DoninRichmond

chas Don't make the same mistake Noah did. No reason to take two mosquitoes on board.

March 12, 2010 at 7:49 am

chas

Food? I'm good. I ate yesterday. ;) Well it looks like I am expecting rain with a chance of rain mixing in with some rain in the next Ark cycle. I've already purchased the lumber. Have a great weekend all. chas

March 12, 2010 at 7:04 am

DoninRichmond

A.J. This is not a Shepherds Pie from Trader Joe's but one I made from scratch. There is a cookbook called Cooking with Trader Joe's and every couple weeks they send an email with recipes. This past week the recipes were for St Patrick's Day and one of them was the one I made.

March 11, 2010 at 7:24 pm

A.J. DeYoung

Don..........I love Sheperds Pie and there is a Trader Joes' 2 miles away....will surely try that one.. thanks..glad to see you eating some yummy comfort food...xoxoAJ Had a ham and cheese orowheat top for lunch, with a neigbhors tangerines that could never be matched...ohhh yummmm, before bingo just grazing food I suppose. Wish me luch at bingo folks, going to clubhouse for first time in many, many years....AJ

March 11, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Margie Gacki

All this talk of food is making me hungry! I'm heading downstairs to see what I can find for supper. My stomach is growling so it's time for something. Have a great evening, all. Margie

March 11, 2010 at 6:18 pm

DoninRichmond

I made the Shepherd's Pie from the Cooking with Trader Joe's email that came the other day. Was pretty good.

March 11, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Tn~Deb

Checkin' in... Just wanted to check in for a minute and see whatz going on...Where is everybody? Thanks Don...I'm trying. Gwen...your lunch sounds yummy..I love grilled chicken salad. AJ...I know what you mean about dirty windows...as soon as I get mine done..it will probably be time to start all over. Still no rain...but very dreary. The sun actually can out earlier for about 30 minutes...and POOF it was gone. I think we're supposed to get more rain tonight and tomorrow. We'll see. Speaking of food..I just finished cooking supper for the grandkids. The menu reflects their preferences... Bake Chicken Strips Mashed Potatoes Macaroni w/tomato sauce Broccoli w/cheese sauce Well gotta go pick up my grand daughter from after school activity. Then we're eating all those carbs! ha Have a great evening y'all :) Deb

March 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm

A.J. DeYoung

Ohhhh Deb and JB and Gwen, My thoughts and prayers will be with you guys through this terrible tornado time of the year, growing up in Missouri know exactly what you are going through and I will keep watch on Fox hoping you all will be safe. Jan had Sammy groomed yesterday and what a difference he looks like a poodle I like him looking like a sheep but he is still the same old Sammy......wonderful. Don...thoughts and prayers...Sammy liked being in the picture with Rolex they looked cute together. JD...guess you will be kept really busy with this crazy and wild weather, guess in a way its a exciting time to be you in your job. Deb....I want so bad to wash my windows I can hardly look out, but don't want to go through all that getting the ladder out and have it rain again in a few days, so will have to put up with them till our rain is way out of the forecast......we use to know when rains would arrive, but the way the weather has completely changed here, anymore, it seems it could come at anytime, use to be no rain after February......ever not until November.....xoxo stay alert folks and be safe...AJ Gwen..........it is 12:00 right now and both your lunches sounded wonderful,

March 11, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Gwen in Mississippi

Well, guys, I'm smack dab in the middle of that pink..right there on the line between MS and AL in the very center of the state. Yikes! March and April are always bad months for weather around here. We've had about 4 inches of rain in the past 2 days. Lots of lightning and hail. At least no tornado touchdowns. Would you believe that it's 74 degrees here right now and is supposed to get to 79? Wow! Hubby and I just got back from our Thursday lunch. Today we went to a place called Crescent City Grill. It's owned by Robert St. John who is quite a well known chef in this area and is the guy who actually started the whole "My South" thing for Turner Broadcasting. He actually has a book called "My South" if you ever want to check it out as well as cook books. He does Southern/Creole type dishes. I ate a warmed grilled chicken salad. Hubby had the fried shrimp and crawfish po boy sandwich. We are both now officially miserable! Must try to get some work down now. Lunchtime is over. Catch y'all later! Gwen ;)

March 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Margie Gacki

Hey JB and Deb, Be careful in those storms. Pay attention to the weather radio and stay safe! I wish I could send you some of my sunshine and 68 degree temperature--what an absolutely delightful day! It's too bad I'm stuck inside dealing with a very frustrating situation. I'd rather be outside enjoying a walk. Margie

March 11, 2010 at 2:14 pm

JB in Texas

I am on the border between red and pink. Not a great place to be. We had heavy rains a few nights ago with some flooding. I know when we get 100 degrees in July and no rain for months, I will long for some wet stuff, but would really like to have the yard dry out completely so I could get some work done. Hope all are doing well and those in the path of the current storms are safe. JB

March 11, 2010 at 2:04 pm

DoninRichmond

Stay safe Deb

March 11, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Tn~Deb

Hey Janice, Doing well here...I am in the red area...so I will try to be prepared to get hammered. That's the down side to Spring. The storms and tornadoes. It's a little scary....the high winds is what gets me. We had some rain earlier...but not now. I'm sure it will be back later on. I saw the map...and we are definitely getting more. But, it is sure better than snow. I am still doing some Spring cleaning, a little at a time....cleaning closets...drawers...cleaning windows...you know, all that glamorous stuff. ;) Have a great day...and hope you have something yummy for lunch. TTYL...Deb Hey, to Everybody!

March 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm

about this blog

• Janice Dean joined FOX News Channel in January 2004 and currently serves as Senior meteorologist. She is a member of the American Meteorological Society and was awarded the AMS Seal of Approval in 2009. Dean is the author of the forthcoming children's book, "Freddy the Frogcaster" (Regnery Kids) which will be published in August. You can also follow Janice on Twitter.