Fox News - Fair & Balanced

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 as of 11:14 AM ET

Search Site

FOX News Weather Blog
  • Here comes the chilly and teaching kids about weather!

Happy weekend all!

Incase you haven’t heard, we’re about to get our first taste of winter in the next week or so…for millions of people!

Cold air is on the move into the Midwest, and eventually the Midatlantic and Northeast as a series of cold fronts enter the picture.

Temperatures will be cold enough for some snow across the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes this weekend.

We’ve got some rain courtesy of a stationary front over the southeast.  Nothing organized, just wet weather from Louisana through the Florida panhandle.

And take a look at this monster:

Super Typhoon Francisco is right now the equivalent of a Cat 5 hurricane at 160 mph!

It  will approach southern Japan by the middle of next week as a much weaker storm, thankfully.  Japan will need to monitor the system mainly for additional heavy rainfall and flooding on the heels of last week’s heavy rainfall.  It’s been a very active month across the Western Pacific:

In other news, I was on Gerri Willis’ show on FBN last night talking about Freddy the Frogcaster, and how important it is to teach kids about weather.  Gerri is one of my favorite ladies here at Fox:

And I wrote an Op-Ed piece this weekend which you can find on Foxnews.com here:

Would love to hear your comments!

And pssssst…just between you and me, I’m working on a Freddy sequel! :)   Thanks to everyone here for your support.  I’m having a blast writing about this little frogcaster and his weather adventures.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Snuggle up to keep warm!

JD

Margie Gacki

Great, we get rid of some spam just to get more. People really need to get a life. Hey to all the regular bloggers out there. Just saying hello to cover up the spam. We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday. I got some great photos of the moon last night. I posted some on my blog last night so you'll have to check them out. Have a great day, everyone! Margie

October 21, 2013 at 6:41 am

wasam

Hi all, 49 degrees and the end of a bee-yoo-tee-full day. The painting the trim on the house finally got done except for a couple "holidays". The plumber came a day early and fixed a broken drain line under the house. Nice young man and he also moved our tuberous begonias into the patio. Tomorrow is back to physical therapy. My insurance will pay 7 more sessions then it runs out for this year. No problem. Maybe JD will write a book on tides sometime? I live by them here on the coast.

October 21, 2013 at 12:24 am

A.J. De Young

Sam...I hope you can get this...http://www.godvine.com/What-These-NFL-Players-Have-to-Say-About-Their-Christian-Faith-Will-STUN-You-4118.html?utm_source=GodVine%20Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10/20/2013 it's about your Seahawk payers

October 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Audrey from Indiana

Hi everyone: Rather chilly here in the Midwest. About 50! J.D. I am so happy for you that you are doing a sequel to Freddy. Happy writing! We had a great time at the 50th anniversary open house for daughter and husband Sat. It certainly is an accomplishment in this day and age to keep a marriage together for that length of time. They are such a nice family with four married boys, their wives, and 13 grandchildren. Blessings on all families in these days. Have a nice evening all. Audrey

October 20, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Margie Gacki

Hey to all the regular bloggers out there. Just checking in to say hello so you don't see the spam the first thing on the blog. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's cold in Cumberland. It's around 50 now and it's supposed to get down into the upper 30's. Brrrrr! Take care, all. Margie

October 19, 2013 at 11:04 pm

about this blog

• Janice Dean joined FOX News Channel in January 2004 and currently serves as Senior meteorologist. She is a member of the American Meteorological Society and was awarded the AMS Seal of Approval in 2009. Dean is the author of the forthcoming children's book, "Freddy the Frogcaster" (Regnery Kids) which will be published in August. You can also follow Janice on Twitter.